Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Inspiration Part II

It's awesome how some days are filled with new inspiration, even if that inspiration is small. I woke up today to sunshine (which always helps the day).  Knowing that it is my registration day and that my registration time started in the middle of class I have decided to skip my class this afternoon and ensure that I can at least get one of the classes that I want for next semester (apparently all of the classes I want in History are full and closed...).  So really, today I only have one class (this is very exciting).  I woke up, had some breakfast while looking at the view from my living room window (which, if you haven't seen, is amazing!); then I showered and headed for the Spa (yes the Spa at 8:30am...but not for a massage... it's time for the bi-monthly waxing - soooo smooth ;).  After the waxing I hopped on the bus and headed to school.  So there I am, sitting on Translink and listening to my iPod, and enjoying the morning (I really am a morning person).  It reminded me of all the amazing mornings I had at Qwanoes; sitting in the office doorway, reading my Bible, spending time enjoying the time the Lord had given to spend with him in such an incredible place (not at camp but in that doorway, with that view).  Sitting in the doorway - that is my liminal space - the space of transition from the everyday to supernatural day.  I was also reminded of what I was created for, and this is where the small but exciting inspiration comes in.  It's nothing spectacular, but something that I needed to be reminded of in relation to my last post.  I was created to serve my Lord!  Simple I know, but something I think I have lost sight of.  It's not so much about what I am to do with my life, it's knowing that I was created for HIM!  What an amazing re-realization.

The best way to put how I have felt lately is, OUT OF TUNE.  Does that make sense.  My life has been out of tune.  Still playing the right song, still living right, but out of tune.  I had lost my ear for the Lord.  I had stopped tuning my life to what I was created for.  Looking back over the last two years I think that I started going out of tune a long time ago.  Instead of serving the Lord, I started serving men, which obviously led to disappointment with my life.  I often questioned why I had gone from being so content and excited about what I was doing to being so disillusioned and frustrated.  I think the key was that I had gone out of tune by serving man rather than the Lord.  

So what now?  It's time to get back in tune.  I just need to figure out how.

I know that some of you have been praying for me... Thank you!  Please keep praying!

"No greater Joy, is there than this, to know for what we're meant to live.  To hold your hand, and touch your face, to find ourselves in loves embrace!"  Starfield

No comments: