Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Inspiration...where is it

Do you ever get lost in what your doing and forget why? Do you ever lose sight of why you're here? Do you ever feel like you will never "arrive"?

I want to be inspired, but more than that I want to feel like I can do anything, feel like all my dreams can come true. I don't want to feel like I'm settling, I don't want to feel like this is all there is.

I think most of us face those questions of life - will I ever not worry about money? will I ever be content with what I'm doing? will I ever feel fulfilled?

I also know that some people find the answer to there questions.., but how? What is it that allows us to find contentment in our financial, work and life situations? When I look at life all I can see right now is that I am in school, I go to church, and I work at a job that more days than not I would rather not be doing. I see that in the future I will be teaching, going to church, and attempting to save enough money to buy a little house or go on the next vacation to escape the motions of every day life. BUT, there is more than that, I know there is and I feel like I've lost sight of what that is. Is it because i'm not in ministry? Is there something wrong in my relationship with Christ? am I missing something? Am I lacking trust? Am I too wrapped up in getting to the next stage in life? Probably all of the above. BUt why? Why have I allowed myself to slip into this monotony?

I want to start living life again, I don't want to be living for tomorrow. Problem is.... I don't know how. Right now I spend more time dissapointed, whining, and complaining and not enough time being thankful, enjoying the moment and appreciating what is good.

1 comment:

barkman said...

i believe life is an ebb and flow...the gentle rise and fall of life-giving breathe.

i think (hope) that everyone asks these questions more than once in their life time...for me it seems like a couple times a week.

in short you are not alone friend.