Monday, October 20, 2008

To thine own self be true??

To thine own self be true??  
That is a load of crap... it has been decided!  Why would I be true to myself, a sinner, broken, and totally messed up?  Wouldn't it be better to be true to Christ?

This is totally one of those doctrines that we as Christians have allowed the world to convince us of...but think about it...

Doesn't the Bible say to die to self?  to pick up our crosses and follow Christ?  to die is gain and live is Christ? ahem....?? and I know there are more examples... its not about me... its not about myself... its supposed to be about Christ! NOT ME!

I think far too often in my life I haven't realized this as fully as I need to!  I know myself better than anyone (except God of course :)), and I know that I am a miserable man (not miserable as in feelings but as in my ability to follow Christ).  

Does my Saviour lead me? Have I let go?  (haha.. let go)... not enough!

Maybe one day I'll figure it out...

No comments: