Sunday, October 5, 2008

Some things I know...Some things I don't

Ya know... life is a funny thing...  Since my last post I have been thinking a lot about what my spiritual gifts are compared to my natural abilities.  I have also been thinking why I was so frustrated at times at camp, why I left, why I am back in school, etc.

To most of the questions I have a vague idea... but in all reality nothing is really clear.  This is what I know as of today... 

When I read the scriptures, or am studying them in small group or listening to a sermon my automatic reaction is a desire to teach/share what I am learning myself. I like to be in mentoring roles, and have a desire to be mentored myself.  I love being out surrounded by nature, but also love the city.  I like being around people, but need time to myself to re-energize, I'm in school for one reason or another. 

This is what I'm not sure of but have an inkling of...

I have the spiritual gift of teaching and leadership, I have a natural ability of organization, I connect well with people one-on-one, I have more passion, vision, and desire when I am using my spiritual gifts, I need to let go of MY desires more, and I desire to see young people develop into leaders.

This is what I don't know...

Where can I best put my abilities and giftings to work, am I in school to gain perspective or to actually finish this degree, if I will ever not be tired, why I haven't figured it out yet.

I keep walking these journey's. Sometimes I decide which path to take, sometimes God shows me... in the end I want to know that what I am doing brings joy to HIM!  

Almost 30, lost as ever, but totally in love with my Saviour!

2 comments:

barkman said...

a lot of this strikes a cord with me too ry. so, thankyou for being an encouragement by sharing. hugs

Elise said...

you know, yes.

And also, sometimes I have this desire to edit the ellipses out of your writing. But blogs are made for breaking grammar rules. Be free!