Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Normal?

What's normal?

I often have said that I want to be normal.  I just want to be one of the guys.  Be able to relate to people unlike the way I do now.  Part of what makes me who I am though is the way I relate to people and it has served me fairly well up until now.  I can see things, understand things, and hear things differently than other guys.  Because of this I treat people differently than many guys.  BUT...  sometimes I feel it holds me back from being able to have more meaningful friendships with guys.  Something that is hugely lacking in my life.  My closest male friends live 300+ km away.  I want to be a normal guy.  But, it seems, that is just not in the cards for me.  

I'm just not normal.  
Then again... who is.

Caught in a jungle,
no sight of the other side,
trapped by the vines of life,
struggling to be free,
maybe all I need to do is release,
stop fighting,
and then a vision will come, 
a breath of fresh air,
light through the denseness,
hope to grasp.

How do I stop envying people?  I don't need a lot of material things, I don't need fame, I just want a few answers to life. My life.

I need to overcome complacency.  

Fill me with passion, fill me with vision, fill me with courage, help me to listen, help me to hear, help me to be.


No comments: